Solid hardwood is probably the most perfect flooring for any room in the house, providing a durability unmatched by any other type of floor covering.
- It can be laid directly on top of existing planked or chipboard floors and with the right choice of
board, straight onto joists.
- We can also fit onto concrete floors either by gluing down, in the case of reasonably flat and level concrete, or by battening to correct any uneven floors then nailing to the battens.
- The batten technique also allows us provision to fit under floor heating if you require, even in conservatories.
Hardwood flooring provides:
- An easily cleaned and maintained.
- A dust and allergen free environment.
- Excellent heat insulation and draught proofing.
- Warmer under foot and more forgiving than slate, tiles etc.
- Has a timeless quality that will last for years and years and years.
- And not forgetting, it looks absolutely gorgeous.
- Pale colours Classic Ash, Olive Ash, Classic Maple and Smokey Maple.
- Medium colours Clear and Character Oak, American Elm, Cherry, Red Oak.
- Darker colours Jatoba, Stasis, Fumed Oak, Walnut.
- Different widths from 114mm up to 205mm.
- Different lengths from random (400mm up to 1500mm) to big wide boards upto 3 metres long.
- Bevelled edge and square cut edge.
- 4 different thickness, if floor height is an issue 15mm, 18mm, 20mm and 21mm.
- We can also supply and fit architraves, skirtings, dado rails and wall panelling.
- Various widths of unfinished oak engineered board for hostile environments such as conservatories.
Considerations we feel are important:
- Although price and value are important, a quality-produced floor is our main priority.
- We only supply sustainable resource timber from known and correctly managed locations.
- All our hardwood floors are of known moisture content on delivery, which is vital to the long-term success of any floor.
- Our installers take temperature and humidity readings before laying any floor, to determine the best course of action and be able to reasonably accurately predict how the floor will behave when installed.
- We do not use pre-finished hardwood floors. All our floors are sanded and finished on site, for the best possible results.
- We try to ensure you have a few planks left at the end of an installation because should any localised damage occur, we can repair and insert new planks without lifting the whole floor. The extra planks should be kept in a dry place so they remain useable